Exclusive Health, Wellness and Prevention Service Provider - Health Management
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

The Importance of Self-Care
Medical services: Dwint’s Family Health Care NP,LLC, operates with an added level of professionalism and practice skills and develop a positive relationship with our clients.
HPV vaccine is cancer prevention.
Migraines

Patient/Client Care
Physicals
STI
Viruses
powered by

My Blog

AIDS(Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)  is a medical condition. A person is diagnosed with AIDS when their immune system is too weak to fight off infections. HIV, stands for human immunodeficiency virus. It kills or damages the body's immune system cells.

HIV most often spreads through unprotected sex with an infected person. It may also spread by sharing drug needles or through contact with the blood of an infected person. Women can give it to their babies during pregnancy or childbirth.

There is no cure, but there are many medicines to fight both HIV infection and the infections and cancers that come with it. Although there is no cure for HIV, treatments are now very effective, people living with HIV can live long and healthy lives, can now protect their partners from becoming infected with the virus, and can keep their children free from HIV.

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you are at increased risk for HIV infection and should definitely get an HIV test:

• Have you had sex with someone who is HIV-positive or a person whose HIV status you didn't know since your last HIV test?

• Have you injected drugs (including steroids, hormones, or silicone) and shared equipment (or “works,” such as needles or syringes) with others?

• Have you exchanged sex for food, shelter, drugs, or money?

• Have you been diagnosed with, or sought treatment for a sexually transmitted disease, like syphilis?

• Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)?

• Have you had sex with anyone who has any of the risk factors listed above or whose history you don’t know?

If you continue having unsafe sex or sharing injection drug equipment, you should get tested at least once a year. Sexually active gay and bisexual men may benefit from more frequent testing (e.g. every 3 to 6 months).

You should also get tested if:

• You have been sexually assaulted

• You are a woman who is planning to get pregnant or is pregnant.

You can get an HIV test from your doctor or healthcare provider, community health center, Veteran’s health center, Title X family planning clinic, and other locations.

Did you Know?, HIV cannot be transmitted by:
  • Surfaces - HIV cannot be transmitted by contact with toilet seats, eating utensils, musical instruments, hugs or handshakes.

• Air – Breathing the same air as someone living with HIV does not transmit HIV.

• Coughing, sneezing or spitting cannot transmit HIV either.

• Kissing - Saliva contains very small amounts of HIV. The risk is negligible unless both partners have large open sores in their mouth or bleeding gums.

• Insect bites - Insects such as mosquitoes don't transmit HIV because they do not inject blood when they bite.

• Sterile needles - Sterilized or new needles and syringes are safe from HIV transmission. Do not share used needles.

• Water - HIV cannot survive in water, so you are free from HIV transmission in swimming pools, baths or shower areas.

HIV can be transmitted by:
  • Vaginal sex - HIV can be transmitted from woman to man or vice versa. Open cuts and sores increase the risk.
  • Anal sex - Higher risk than vaginal sex because the lining of the anus is more likely to tear, creating an entry point for HIV.
  • Oral sex - Has a very small risk, but only if there are sores in/around the mouth or on the receiving partner’s genitals.
  • Injecting drugs - Shared sterilized equipment can carry infected blood. Needles used for tattooing and body piercing can also carry a small risk.
  • Blood transfusions - All donated blood should be tested for HIV; any untested blood carries a risk of HIV transmission to the patient receiving the blood transfusion.
  • Mother-to-child - Transmission can occur during pregnancy, labour, delivery or breastfeeding if HIV treatment is not taken routinely.

The best way to prevent HIV is to use a condom for sex and to never share needles or other injecting equipment (including syringes, spoons and swabs). Knowing your HIV status and that of your partner is also important.

18 Comments to December 1, 2014 is World Aids Day: Be supportive, With enough support from family and friends, people living with HIV and those affected can learn to manage the emotional impact that the epidemic continues to have on millions of people worldwide.:

Comments RSS
essay lab on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 5:02 AM
Creating awareness about HiV the most fatal diseases in the world is highly necesearry and people engaged in the writing service nature of business might be helpful in spreading more knowledge for this.

Ryan on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:56 AM
Premium exercise manual for essential training. An appealing full-shading exercise manual loaded with engaged and powerful activities. Understudies will work through the accompanying points

buy custom assignments on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:55 AM
I have always thought that homecoming was something really magical and amazing and because of this I am really sorry that I missed mine. Hope yours goes amazing.

write me an essay on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 6:18 AM
I would like to appreciate all your efforts, I have used many other services several times and I am very happy with it too. Finally once more thank you for this breathtaking article and I like this. I hope this will be very helpful to the students to complete their educational works related with the topics. I found this as an instructive and captivating post, so I think it is extraordinarily profitable and capable. I might need to thank you for the effort you have made in making this article.

writing essay on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:24 AM
This actually looks fun but where are the rest of the alphabets? I think the complete alphabets would make the article better and will provide more content.

assignment writing uk on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:24 AM
Well I also agree that there should be some specific area for that purpose as well. I am also currently getting some essay writing help for the articles that I am writing about the donations.

harrington jackets on Friday, August 17, 2018 6:24 AM
Cooperation is very nice thing that takes you at very high level of respect. If you respect others, than other peoples are respect you in the form of double. Similarly if you are director of any company, hotel or restaurant than you should be polite to staff if you want to successful because if you respect your staff then they work as their own company.

web marketing on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:15 PM
Ohh, I just read an article about internet marketing solutions. Technology has no doubt advanced in so many ways, and now people can carry out marketing only by sitting at their places. It's fascinating.

sda on Sunday, January 6, 2019 7:30 AM
In an online writing competition, there were some pretty amazing prizes, so I took part in it. Because I was late, I didn’t had much time to prepare for it. But I won playstation gift card for whatever material I put in my essay. iphone 6 plus weight Well, last year I wasn’t into online shoppping much. I didn’t receive many free samples because of which my content list for free samples by mail 2018 is very short. I was being scammed a lot, so I stopped purchasing online.

car rentals new jersey on Friday, March 1, 2019 6:34 AM
I thought I would leave my first comment. I do not know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.I'll use this information for my work.
Reply to comment

where to purchase forskolin from getfreestuffonlinenow.com on Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:45 AM
For anyone who is chubby or maybe too heavy you could have undoubtedly enquired that dilemma oftentimes. Whatsoever your weight is usually, most of us generally strive to be sleek. Along with the very best diet tablets are generally wanted. You'll know in this article...

kingdom hearts coat online on Friday, April 19, 2019 6:43 AM
the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this

free eshop codes no human verification on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:46 AM
Nintendo codes for your account without an email address or SMS code to get qr codes.

Vin Diesel Groot Jacket on Monday, June 10, 2019 3:54 AM
Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post. Keep it up!!

xbox live gold codes free no surveys on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:39 AM
We have launched a new update for May 2019. The Fre PSN code generator must be the most recent update tool on the market - and we are very proud of that!

Hawkeye Leather Coat on Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:40 AM
Nice and interesting post,I appreciate your hard work,keep uploading more, Thank you for sharing valuable information.

how to use roblox asset downloader on Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:27 AM
This Robloxian clothing coupon code offers the next level of an upcoming visor that will make your avatar look like the future.

Western Leather Jacket on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 6:28 AM
Thanks for sharing this interesting and amazing post with us, I really like this post.