September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
Exclusive Health, Wellness and Prevention Service Provider - Health Management
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

The Importance of Self-Care
Medical services: Dwint’s Family Health Care NP,LLC, operates with an added level of professionalism and practice skills and develop a positive relationship with our clients.
HPV vaccine is cancer prevention.
Migraines

Physicals
STI
Viruses
powered by

My Blog

September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month

Did you know,  that, among children today, obesity is causing a broad range of health problems that previously weren't seen until adulthood. These include high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and elevated blood cholesterol levels.

There are also psychological effects: Obese children are more prone to low self-esteem, negative body image and depression. And excess weight at young ages has been linked to higher and earlier death rates in adulthood.

Help your child stay at a healthy weight by balancing what your child eats with physical activity. Healthy diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. Fruits and vegetables also provide essential vitamins and minerals, fiber, and other substances that are important for good health. Most fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and are filling.Two of the best ways to prevent your child from becoming overweight or obese are to:
  • Help your child eat healthier foods
  • Be more active as a family

Being overweight or obese as a child can lead to serious problems, like:
  • Heart disease
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • Asthma
  • Sleep problems
  • Low self-esteem
  • Getting bullied

Children grow at different rates, so it’s not always easy to tell if your child is at a healthy weight. Healthy weight is defined differently for children and teens than it is for adults.Ask your Healthcare provider whether your child is at a healthy weight.

14 Comments to September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month:

Comments RSS
superiorpapers review on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:15 AM
Wonderful kids are looking increasingly delightful in light of the fact that they are in this exquisite park which is likewise entirely like them. I am feeling the loss of this section a great deal and cheerful to visit this with my family in summer excursions when my folks will concur with me to proceed to appreciate in this park.

academic writing services on Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:18 AM
This month was very productive for you. That's nice to know that. Good job.

toon blast mod apk on Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:03 AM
The free games must somehow generate revenue, but stopping every five minutes to say "no" to a $ 0.99 purchase will be painful.

best custom writing service reviews on Friday, September 27, 2019 8:12 AM
I didn't know that this kind of awareness actually exists. I think that it is a good thing that we have this because it is indeed important to make sure that we eat healthy foods and make sure that are healthy enough to survive the life that we have. I have to say that I am one of the people who will indeed benefit from this and I honestly can't wait to know more. I am sure that I will be having a hard time adjusting to this because there are some activities that I am not used to doing, however, I know that in the end, I will indeed benefit from this.

Christopher L. Duffield on Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:26 AM
Scan the email with an attachment before opening it, especially if it is from an unknown person. Most of the viruses or malware get on to computers through the attachments To Know More.

divorce lawyer pakistan on Monday, December 9, 2019 6:16 AM