Go ahead, get that checkup or vaccine — thanks to Obamacare, preventive services are no cost to you.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was nicknamed " ObamaCare" due to it being championed by President Barack Obama.
No system is perfect, but the Affordable Care Act aims to reform the American healthcare system towards the favor of the people by reducing the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government and providing new rights and protections to Americans.
Check out out some benefits that come along with being covered:
- You can’t be denied coverage, regardless of your health.
- No one wants a sick child. Their care is covered, including vision and dental.
- With Obamacare, any emergency room visits are covered.
- Your health care plan must now cover prescription drugs.
- Obamacare covers a range of services to help manage your chronic conditions like asthma and diabetes.
- Your plan can’t be dropped if you get sick.
- Need to stay in a hospital? With Obamacare, your plan will cover your stay.
ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion
- Poor working families are the most likely to not have insurance do to affordability, Medicaid expansion helps "covers the gap" between current Medicaid eligibility and families being able to afford private health insurance using marketplace subsidies.